With peach season just gearing up to start, you might find yourself craving some delicious seasonal dishes. There’s no reason to head indoors to bake! Enjoy your favorite seasonal cobbler and the beautiful weather all from the comfort of your patio, thanks to your outdoor wood-fired oven!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 cup peach jam
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Heat oven to 500 degrees. In skillet, melt butter and spread across the base of the pan.
- Whisk together the first four ingredients, then add eggs, cream, milk and vanilla, beating until smooth. Pour batter into the buttered skillet.
- Pour peaches into batter. Ladle peach jam on top of batter and peaches. Cover edges of cobbler with foil. Place skillet in wood fired pizza oven and cook for thirty minutes, turning half way. Cobbler is finished when toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
We truly love using this great recipe in our Prime pizza oven! For an awesome little oven that is perfect for cooking peach cobblers on the patio or while camping, check out the Maximus pizza oven. It is the little brother to the Prime oven we use and cooks exactly the same... perfectly!!!!