Looking forward to heading outdoors for three days of pure bliss? Nothing says Memorial Day weekend like grilling up perfect hamburgers on your brand new patio grill! Crack open a cold one and give this recipe a try:
-1 finely diced yellow onion
-1 tsp coarse-grained mustard
-1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp pepper
-1 lb ground beef
-fixin's: hamburger buns, tomatoes, sliced onions, lettuce, mustard, ketchup, sliced cheese
1. Heat your wood fired oven to around 600 degrees.
2. Whisk together first seven ingredients; when they are well blended, crumble in ground beef.
3. Shape into patties about 3/4 inch thick. Make a depression in the center of each patty so the burger does not puff up during the grilling process.
4. Arrange burgers on a grill inside your oven. Make sure you have something to catch the grease from the burgers so you don't dirty your oven floor.
5. Turn burgers after a couple of minutes to ensure the side closest to the fire isn't getting burned and cook until the centers are no longer pink.
6. Toast buns for about a minute, then assemble your hamburgers however your family most enjoys!
It's the start of summer! As the days get longer, there are so many opportunities to cook with your family in your outdoor kitchen.
Don't have a wood fired oven yet? Check out the Alfa Ciao wood burning pizza oven to get started!
Leave a comment (all fields required)