Wood fired oven dessert recipes are one of our favorite cast iron skillet dishes! Below are peach and fig cobblers that are cooking in a wood-fired pizza oven.
This is my all time favorite peach cobbler recipe. It's so much better in the wood-fired oven and it's SO EASY... here it is...
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups sliced peaches
HOW TO COOK
- Heat your wood-fired oven to approximately 375 degrees
- Melt butter in your cast iron skillet
- Stir flour and 1 cup sugar together
- Add milk and mix well
- Pour into the butter. I use a fork to blend the mixture into the butter
- Add peaches that have been tossed with the remaining 1/2 cup sugar; do not stir
- Put in your oven and bake for 40 minutes. Don't forget to turn it periodically so each side is done evenly. But, it's really hard to mess up this recipe so give it a whirl.
Here's what it looks like when your peach cobbler is almost ready!
When it's done, serve warm with vanilla ice cream for a treat you can't resist!
We cook ours in the Prime Pizza Oven which is a large oven but, if you're looking for the best portable wood fired pizza oven, we'd recommend the Maximus Pizza Oven from Authentic Pizza Ovens. It's a great oven for a great price and can come with a stand!
Make any dish as savory and delicious as can be by finding the right recipes and ingredients. Click here for tons of great wood-fired recipes!
Want more ideas? Check out our 7 Days of Wood-Fired Oven Recipes ebook for more recipes to get you started with pizza oven cooking! Use the code EBOOK5 to take $5 off the Recipe Book's price.
What will you try in your oven?
Let us know in the comments your favorite peach cobbler recipe!