Ready for some outdoor Cinco de Mayo celebrations? Turn on the margarita machine and head to the patio, because we have you covered with the perfect wood fired fajita recipe. Just add tequila for perfect festive fun!
- 1 large white onion, cut into strips
- 3 green peppers, with seeds removed and cut into strips
- 1 lb lean, boneless beef skirt steak
- 1 large tomato, diced
- grated cheese, mozzarella or cheddar
- sour cream
- 8 tortillas
- Preheat your wood-fired brick oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat onions and green peppers in oil and arrange in cast iron skillet. Place skillet in the mouth of your brick oven and allow to cook for approximately 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to cook evenly.
- Chop skirt steak into strips and arrange on top of cooked onions and peppers. Continue to bake until meat is cooked through.
- Serve on tortillas with tomatoes, cheese and sour cream. Enjoy!
This recipe is great for your family, or double or triple it if you’re in the mood for a party! Experiment with toppings to build the perfect fajita for you.
If you’re still looking for an outdoor wood burning oven to complement your outdoor patio kitchen, many customers are moving towards the Chicago Brick Oven CBO-500 Bundle because they can build it in to match any decor. But, summer is coming quickly so don't let everyone else get a head start!
Leave a comment (all fields required)