Pizza crust with bourbon? That's right! You’re an adult now so you can make any kind of unique and authentic pizza you want!
Who didn't grow up loving pizza? As a child, pizza night was always the highlight of a busy week. Everyone making their own personal pizzas getting crazy and creative with toppings.
Now that you're a mature adult, who says you can't mix your favorite childhood pizza night memories with a hint of adulthood bourbon flavors?
Pizza Dough Ingredients
Making the Pizza Dough
- 1. Using a dough hook and mixer, combine the honey, yeast, and 1/4 cup of warm water.
- 2. Let the mixture stand until foaming, about 4 minutes.
- 3. Add the 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour, bourbon, olive oil, salt and 1/2 cup of water and mix at medium speed until a smooth dough forms, about 5 minutes. (the perfect time to sample the bourbon is right before adding to mixture)
- 4. Transfer the dough to a work surface and knead for 2 minutes.
- 5. Lightly oil the bowl, return the dough to it, and cover with plastic wrap.
- 6. Let the dough rise in a warm place until very billowy, about 1 hour.
- 7. This is the perfect time to start the fire in your wood-fired oven while sipping some of your favorite bourbon!
- 8. Next, divide the dough into 4 balls. Set the balls on an oiled baking sheet and cover with oiled plastic wrap. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 9. On a floured surface, roll out each dough ball to a 10-inch round. Move your pizza round to a floured pizza peel, shaking it gently so it doesn’t stick. Brush the edge of the dough with oil.
- 10. Now, get creative... add your favorite ingredients! Maybe some olives... maybe some caramelized onions; maybe, just maybe a little too much pepperoni and cheese! Let your inner child come alive for this step!
- 11. When your wood burning oven reaches at least 500 degrees, you are ready to start baking... and sipping... and enjoying!!!