This is a super fun pizza idea that the kids (and adults) will love to make using your outdoor pizza oven!
With only four ingredients, it's easy enough for even adults to make!
You can definitely use all homemade ingredients for a finer dining experience but, for the quick and easy, here's what you need:
- 1 Tube (13.8 oz) Refrigerated Pizza Crust
- 1 Jar (15 oz) of your Favorite Pizza Sauce
- 2 Slices of American Cheese
- 4 String Cheese (cut in half lengthwise)
- Unroll pizza dough and press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes in regular oven or 1 minute in your pizza oven (until golden brown).
- Using a 1-in. star cookie cutter, cut eight stars from the American cheese. Cut each strip of string cheese in half lengthwise. Spread pizza sauce over crust.
- Arrange stars in the upper left corner. For stripes, arrange 15 pieces of string cheese over sauce (save remaining piece for another use). Bake 5-8 minutes longer in regular oven or until cheese is melted in pizza oven.
Yield: 16 slices.
For authentic pizza taste in your own backyard, check out the Maximus Outdoor Portable Pizza Oven! This amazing little oven is one of our best-sellers because they are portable and affordable (and they produce mouth-watering pizzas!).
(Recipe originally published in Country Woman July/August 2001, p36)