If you're entertaining this holiday, here's a super wood fired oven dessert recipe modified slightly from the Better Recipes Daily Dish archive that will showcase your patriotic flair and have your family and friends coming back for seconds!
This delightful culinary masterpiece includes red, white, and blue in the form of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and a white cream cheese. All of this over a brownie crust baked in your pizza pan and then served up by the slice!
Follow the recipe below and enjoy the holidays!
- 1 box (1 lb 2.3 oz) Fudge Brownie Mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup strawberry jelly
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. (or you can use your outdoor pizza oven after your pizzas are cooked)
2. Grease bottom only of a 12-inch pizza pan with shortening or cooking spray.
3. In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, water, oil and eggs until well blended. Spread in pan.
4. Bake 24 to 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean or almost clean. (less cooking time in your pizza oven so adjust accordingly)
5. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
6. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over brownie base. Arrange berries over cream cheese mixture. Stir jelly until smooth; brush over berries. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled.
7. Cut into wedges. Store covered in refrigerator.
Once you've enjoyed your real pizza pie from your patio pizza oven, use this scrumptious wood fired oven dessert recipe to create a fulfilling end of the meal dessert!